The VTAS PEN and AAUTN would like to congratulate Associate Professor Angela Carbone on her new appointment as Associate Dean (Learning Innovation) and Professor in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology at Swinburne University of Technology, commencing on 1 Feb 2017.
Several new OLT final reports have been released recently from VTAS institutions.
- createED Strengthening learning and teaching leadership in the creative arts – RMIT lead institution – http://www.olt.gov.au/resource-createED
- Quality management of online learning environments – Deakin University lead institution – http://www.olt.gov.au/resource-quality-management-online-learning-environments
- Developing a toolkit and framework to support new postgraduate research supervisors in emerging research areas – Swinburne University lead institution – http://www.olt.gov.au/resource-toolkit-framework-support-new-postgraduate-research-supervisors
The VTAS Promoting Excellence Network held an OLT Grants Workshop on Wednesday 5 June 2013 at Swinburne University’s Flinders St campus. Approximately 65 people attended this event and heard presentations by Siobhan Lenihan (Director, Grants and Fellowships at OLT), grant leaders and grant assessors.
Thank you to all attendees and presenters.
Photos, videos and slides from the day can be accessed below.
OLT Assessors Panel
Presentations of Grant Projects – full video
Presentations of Grant Projects – separated
This event is aimed at academic staff who are looking for guidance on writing successful OLT grant applications, are interested in evaluating the impact of innovations, or who are interested in the scholarship of learning and teaching.
Hosted by Swinburne University, on behalf of the VTAS Promoting Excellence Network
When: Wednesday, 5 June, 9:30am – 3:30pm
Where: Swinburne University, 196 Flinders St, Melbourne, VIC
9.00 – 9.25am Registration
9.25 – 9.30am Welcome by Janet Gregory (Swinburne University of Technology)
9.30 – 10.30am Keynote Speaker Siobhan Lenihan (OLT) OLT Grants Update
10.30 – 11.00am Morning Tea
11.00 – 12.30pm Presentations of Grant Projects for three OLT themes
- Presenter: Karin Watson (The University of New South Wales)
Theme: Innovative Use of Technology in Learning and Teaching
Project: Learning to Teach Online
- Presenter: Ben McCann (The University of Adelaide)
Theme: Improving Tertiary Pathways
Project: A Collaborative Multi-faceted Approach to Address the Gaps between Student Expectation and Experience at University
- Presenter: Carmel Coady (University of Western Sydney)
Theme: Curriculum Design
Project: QS in Science
Discussions will centre around the aims, approach and impact of the projects followed by Q&A
12.30 – 1.30pm Lunch
1.30 – 3.00pm OLT Assessors Panel. A group of OLT grant assessors will provide insights into how the assessment process works and answer questions from the audience
- Anna Carew (University of Tasmania)
- Sandra Jones (RMIT)
- Peter Ling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Patricia McLaughlin (RMIT)
3.00 – 3.30pm Closing Remarks by Janet Gregory (Swinburne University of Technology)